Imagine creating your own childcare centre – from the design of the facility to the delivery of programs. That’s what we did in 2009, building on our own experiences and desires as parents and drawing on the input of experts and local families.
We started by articulating our values and philosophy for young children. We knew that the early years are the time when children develop a sense of self worth and belonging. Our goal would be to help form the solid foundation on which each child could learn and grow – socially, cognitively and physically.
Consistent with these objectives, we understood the importance of hiring the best staff, developing excellent programming and creating an eco-friendly environment with a strong connection to nature. After choosing a convenient location for families, we designed what would become a 10,000-square-foot, eight-room facility reflecting our vision.
Today, Green Apple Kids provides:
- bright and attractive classrooms flooded by natural daylight
- nutritious, locally grown and organic cuisine
- gardens and natural playgrounds where children can explore nature
- yoga, music, drama, dance, languages, and other enhanced programming
- parking for easy drop off and pick up, and proximity to public transit
- high standards of security, cleanliness and safety
Come by for a visit and you’ll see that every aspect of the centre supports our mission. Our parents will confirm that our centre is constantly evolving as we identify new and better ways of helping our children flourish during these critical years. View our natural playground created by award-winning Bienenstock Playgrounds, a division of Gardens for Living.